OpenTravel will help you look at travel in a new way
2020 decimated communities and changed how we think about regional and international travel. Hundreds of thousands of jobs have been directly impacted across Canada and millions more indirectly. Our communities need a safe and sustainable recovery, one that is led by Canadians exploring our own country in new ways.
OpenTravel is a community-based platform where you will be able to imagine new things to do in the communities you know well, and where you can find new communities to explore for the first time. Everything we will provide is through the eyes and experience of passionate locals. It will be a single resource where you can find lists of discounts and experts to contact for each community.
We are hard at work building content for communities across the country and need help:
- Local experts: Seeking people who love recommending itineraries they’re passionate about around the communities they love
- Destination Marketing Organizations: Partnering with DMOs who want visitors to spend more time in their communities, safely and sustainably
- Tourism-related businesses: Promoting businesses and operators who are the heart of their communities and who have been hard hit
- Underrepresented communities: Developing tourism products that champion the unique cultures and stories of Canada and its First Nations
- Advisors and investors: Finding advocates who believe in a new path forward for tourism, one that treats communities as critical resources